One lane open after A14 crash
ONE lane of the A14 Ipswich-bound carriageway at Haughley has been reopened following a serious crash earlier today.Tailbacks of up to five miles caused havoc for rush-hour motorists after the two-vehicle collision near the Wetherden junction at 4.
A WOMAN remains seriously injured in hospital today following a crash on the A14.
The accident between a blue Volvo estate car and a Ford pick-up truck happened on the Ipswich bound carriageway of the A14 at Haughley at rush hour yesterday.
Three fire crews were called to the incident to help cut the woman free from the Volvo car in which she was travelling. She was taken to West Suffolk Hospital with serious but not life threatening injuries.
Tailbacks of up to five miles caused havoc for rush-hour motorists after the collision near the Wetherden junction at 4.50pm, with motorists being diverted through the village of Haughley.
You may also want to watch:
Stowmarket was also gridlocked as motorists used the town to avoid the chaos on the A14.
Another accident on the Bury bound carriageway also caused disruption as motorists also had to be diverted from the dual carriageway.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich