Orwell Park School in Suffolk given Stomp! masterclass from Manasseh Jackson and David Gallagher
- Credit: Archant
Former stars from West End musical Stomp! gave a masterclass in dustbin banging and crashing to students at Orwell Park School in Suffolk.
Children aged between five and seven were inspired by the musical talents of ex-cast members Manasseh Jackson and David Gallagher, who brought their musical bins to the school, based near Ipswich.
The pupils were introduced to the concept of basic rhythm and were encouraged to explore how everyday objects could be used to create music and visual performance.
A school spokesman said: “It was such a wonderful experience for the children and a fun day was had by all, including the teachers.
“Teamwork, listening, performing skills and physical coordination were developed in hour long sessions. Year 2 are now extremely excited and cannot wait for their outing to London in June to watch the performers live.”
You may also want to watch:
The Stomp! experts have been running workshops based on the London West End show around the country since 2000.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 6 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 7 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 8 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 9 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 10 Four men released following death of man at Felixstowe lorry park