Other Beckham shows his colours
ENGLAND'S captain may be leading his colleagues home after today's disappointment in Japan – but another Beckham is happy to stay in Felixstowe!Unlike some youngsters – and even older people – who have gone to great lengths at the hairdressers to recreate the Beckham look, this hamster is all natural.
ENGLAND'S captain may be leading his colleagues home after today's disappointment in Japan – but another Beckham is happy to stay in Felixstowe!
Unlike some youngsters – and even older people – who have gone to great lengths at the hairdressers to recreate the Beckham look, this hamster is all natural.
The four-week-old hamster was named Beckham because its name sake wears a number seven on the back of his shirt.
Jude Adams, of Cricket Hill Road, Felixstowe, who owns Beckham, said: "It is really really funny. It is a real coincidence how it has come out like that.
You may also want to watch:
"A little furry hamster with a number seven on the back. It is amazing, it will make some one laugh."
The only problem is that Beckham the hamster is a girl and Mrs Adams' daughters Chantelle, 6, and Parys, 5, refuse to call it Posh, after David Beckham's wife, Victoria.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Man accused of burgling GP surgeries and pharmacy appears in court
- 9 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
"She's got a brown head, a brown bottom and she's white right through the middle and back. And round on her back is a brown number seven," said Mrs Adams. "She will be a football player, I know."
She said Chantelle wanted to put Beckham in a hamster ball because it would be like the furry animal was playing football, but Beckham is not big enough for the ball.
The hamster also sits in front of the television and squeaks the England team on.
Mrs Adams, whose surname is also the same as Victoria Beckham's maiden name, said Beckham was watching the Brazil match as well.
But now Mrs Adams has a dilemma. She was going to give the five baby hamsters away, but her daughters will not part with Beckham.
She said: "They're obsessed with it. I wasn't going to keep any of the babies but I will have to keep her now."
When Mrs Adams bought the first hamster, a pure white male, Chantelle and Parys thought he would be lonely and so a female companion soon joined him.
So Mrs Adams did not get any little surprises, she put them in separate cages and took them out on the odd occasion for them to meet each other.
The hamster did however become pregnant and soon Mrs Adams had six hamsters, one of which died because it was too small.
But Mrs Adams is mystified. She said: "The strange thing about it is the male is pure white and the female is brown and white and she's got black and white babies."