Overturned car causes delays
SUFFOLK: An overturned car has caused commuter chaos on the A12 this morning.
SUFFOLK: An overturned car has caused commuter chaos on the A12 between Ipswich and Lowestoft, this morning.
The road at Wangford has been left partially blocked after an accident which saw a car overturn.
Police were called to the incident at 7.36am, after reports that a blue Ford Fiesta had overturned.
A Suffolk Police Spokeswoman said that there were possible indications that a second car had been involved.
Fire services were also called to the scene, which has caused long tail backs, after the car caught alight.
Appliances from Southwold, Halesworth and Lowestoft South attended the incident which was extinguished using two hose reels.
- 1 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 2 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 5 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 6 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 7 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 8 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 9 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 10 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
However, the male driver is believed not to have been injured in the accident.
The incident has caused congestion south to Blythburgh - with further delays expected throughout the morning.
Police are advising drivers to avoid the area.