Pair bailed following Hadleigh car and garage arsons
- Credit: citizenside.com
A man and a teenage boy arrested following two arsons in Hadleigh have been bailed to return to police in March.
Police were contacted by the fire service just before 2.15am yesterday to reports that a car parked between a caravan and a home in Corks Lane in Hadleigh was on fire.
Occupants of both the home and the caravan managed to get out safely.
Around 2.40am a 16-year-old boy from Stowmarket and a 24-year-old man from Hadleigh were arrested on suspicion of arson. Both were taken into custody at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where they were interviewed about the blaze and another garage fire in Timperley Road in the town that police were alerted to around 12.45am yesterday.
The 16-year-old has also been arrested and interviewed in connection with a number of other offences including theft from a vehicle and taking a vehicle without consent.
You may also want to watch:
Both have now been bailed to return to police on March 6, pending further enquiries.
Suffolk Constabulary is continuing to ask anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in Hadleigh in the early hours of Wednesday to call police 101, quoting crime number 11696/17.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot