Pall of smoke covers east London
THOUSANDS of Suffolk commuters today would have seen a huge pall of smoke covering east London due to a fire in Stratford.Firefighters were called to the blaze in an industrial area at around 12 noon.
THOUSANDS of Suffolk commuters today would have seen a huge pall of smoke covering east London due to a fire in Stratford.
Firefighters were called to the blaze in an industrial area at around 12 noon.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said there were no reports of an explosion. Local police were responding and there had been a large number of 999 calls.
Eight fire engines are there, and around 40 firefighters.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for 'one' railway said the fire was not affecting train services from Suffolk into the capital.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'