Paralympian Evie Edwards to give demonstration at ActivLives event
- Credit: Archant
Charity group ActivLives will be hosting their rescheduled showcase event later this week.
The original event was cancelled earlier this year because of the snow.
The showcase is targeted at those over the age of 45 who want to get involved in accessible sports.
There will be a wide range of sports on offer including table tennis, yoga and New Age Bowls and Kurling.
Local Paralympian Evie Edwards will be give a demonstration of the sport of boccia in the afternoon.
“We would encourage anyone who would like to have a go at something new, to come along”, said Mike McCarthy, ActivIpswich project manager.
“This is inclusive physical activity that anyone can get involved with, you definitely do not need to be ‘sporty’ to enjoy getting active!”
- 1 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 2 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 3 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 4 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 5 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 6 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 7 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 8 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 9 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 10 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
The showcase takes placce on March 22 at the Salvation Army Priory Centre.
Call ActivLives on 01473 345350 to book a place.