Paralympian Evie Edwards to give demonstration at ActivLives event
- Credit: Archant
Charity group ActivLives will be hosting their rescheduled showcase event later this week.
The original event was cancelled earlier this year because of the snow.
The showcase is targeted at those over the age of 45 who want to get involved in accessible sports.
There will be a wide range of sports on offer including table tennis, yoga and New Age Bowls and Kurling.
Local Paralympian Evie Edwards will be give a demonstration of the sport of boccia in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“We would encourage anyone who would like to have a go at something new, to come along”, said Mike McCarthy, ActivIpswich project manager.
“This is inclusive physical activity that anyone can get involved with, you definitely do not need to be ‘sporty’ to enjoy getting active!”
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
The showcase takes placce on March 22 at the Salvation Army Priory Centre.
Call ActivLives on 01473 345350 to book a place.