Parish council chairman accepts caution
A SUFFOLK parish council chairman has today been cautioned following allegations that he threatened to kill another man.Albert Tiller, of Jays Croft Road, Rendlesham, was arrested by police in connection with the alleged offence, which happened last Monday.
A SUFFOLK parish council chairman has today been cautioned following allegations that he threatened to kill another man.
Albert Tiller, of Jays Croft Road, Rendlesham, was arrested by police in connection with the alleged offence, which happened last Monday.
Officers today spoke with Tiller when he returned to Woodbridge police station and offered him the chance to accept a caution in relation to the complaint.
Tiller chose to accept the caution. The alternative would have been to let the matter go to court.
You may also want to watch:
Tiller had previously been questioned at Woodbridge police station before being released on bail which he answered today. He was arrested immediately after the complaint was made last week.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: "A 59-year-old Rendlesham man has been cautioned under section five of the public order act following an incident in Jays Croft Road, Rendlesham on May 25."
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 5 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 6 Plans to turn Ipswich office into housing resubmitted with fewer flats
- 7 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 8 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 9 'A great shame' - Portman Road won't host county cup finals due to pitch renovations
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
Mr Tiller has been parish council chairman for four years and has helped lead the campaign for a new school in the growing community.
He is an Independent and has no political affiliations.