Passengers get safely off double-decker bus after it goes up in flames
- Credit: Archant
A double-decker bus has caught fire in Copdock.
It happened in London Road around 5.47pm and blocked the road while the fire service dealt with the incident.
A police spokesman said everyone on the bus at the time was able to get off safely and there have been no injuries reported.
Two appliances from Princes Street fire station were sent to the scene and discovered the bus “well alight”, according to a fire service spokesman.
Two firefighters tackled the blaze with a single hose reel. They also wore breathing apparatus.
An oil spill also had to be cleared up before the road could reopen.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams