Pedestrian in hospital after collision outside Birches Medical Centre in Kesgrave involving Vauxhall Astra
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A female pedestrian is in hospital after a collision outside a medical centre in Kesgrave.
The woman, in her early 50s, suffered serious pelvis injuries after the collision involving a Vauxhall Astra outside the Birches Medical Centre in Twelve Acre Approach at 11.30am today, police and ambulance officials said.
She was taken to Ipswich Hospital by land ambulance and is in a serious but stable condition.
The driver of the Vauxhall was taken to Ipswich Hospital with minor chest injuries.
It is thought the collision took place in the car park at the medical centre and the driver of the Vauxhall was a man in his 80s.
Two other stationary vehicles were damaged in the incident, police said.
Recovery services have been called to remove the Vauxhall from the scene.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 3 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 4 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 7 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
It is not known if any action has been taken, or will be taken, over the driver of the Vauxhall.
Police are still at the scene.