People push cars up snow-covered hill
IPSWICH: A woman has thanked a number of residents who helped push her car up a snow-covered hill.Linda Rawlings was trying to get home to Kesgrave from Nuffield Hospital where she works.
IPSWICH: A woman has thanked a number of residents who helped push her car up a snow-covered hill.
Linda Rawlings was trying to get home to Kesgrave from Nuffield Hospital where she works.
But after turning into Foxhall Road at around 9.50pm her car became stuck in snow.
She said: “There were about eight other cars stuck back to the speedway stadium but about a dozen people came out of their homes to help.
“There were kids aged about 14 or 15 and their mums and dads helping to push cars up the hill.
“They even put six kids in the back of my estate car to weigh it down while they pushed.
- 1 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 2 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 3 Ipswich entrepreneur to appear on ITV show
- 4 Man who sexually assaulted toddler in the street could be jailed
- 5 Staff shortages hit 98% of firms, including Suffolk hotels and restaurants
- 6 Road closure 'chaos' for residents during fibre works
- 7 Suffolk woman describes 'brutal, shocking' unprovoked train attack
- 8 Ipswich resident charged £400 by rogue trader to pressure wash driveway
- 9 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 10 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
“It just goes to show that community spirit is still alive - they were brilliant and I would like to thank them.”
Were you one of the helpers? Contact the newsdesk on 01473 324788.