'People smugglers' appear in court
FIVE alleged people traffickers have appeared in court charged with attempting to smuggle Lithuanians into Suffolk.Lithuanian residents Henrikas Urbanivicius, 28, and Algimantas Balezentis, 49, deny facilitating the entry of people they believed to be illegal immigrants.
FIVE alleged people traffickers have appeared in court charged with attempting to smuggle Lithuanians into Suffolk.
Lithuanian residents Henrikas Urbanivicius, 28, and Algimantas Balezentis, 49, deny facilitating the entry of people they believed to be illegal immigrants.
London based Lithuanians Tomas and Linas Racius deny the same charge.
All four men were due to be committed to the crown court, but South-East Suffolk Magistrates Court heard the Crown Prosecution Service needed more time during the hearing last week.
You may also want to watch:
The case was adjourned until August 23.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 4 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart