Man, 80, rescued after being trapped under one tonne of steel
- Credit: Google Maps
Firefighters have rescued an 80-year-old man from under one tonne of steel in the garden of a property near Ipswich.
Fire crews were called to an incident in Lower Road, Westerfield just before 12.40pm today, Monday, September 13.
They arrived to find the man trapped under approximately one to one and half tonnes of steel.
A spokesman for the fire service said the steel "fell" on the man.
The spokesman added the fire service had freed the man, who was now in the care of the ambulance service.
Ambulance crews were also called to the scene, but details of any injuries are not known at this time.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Suffolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.
- 1 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 4 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 5 Diesel trains from Ipswich to get fuel delivered by road
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 Church ripe for homes conversion is under offer
- 8 New River Church opens its doors on Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 Revealed: Waterfront flats to be wrapped in 'breathable' material while cladding replaced
- 10 Ipswich student sets sights on UFC after binge-watching Rocky films