Petula Clark coming to Regent
SINGER and actress Petula Clark is coming to Ipswich, it was announced today. The 74-year-old is to play at the Regent Theatre on October 11.With more than 70 million records sold worldwide, the singer is one of the UK's most successful artists.
SINGER and actress Petula Clark is coming to Ipswich, it was announced today.
The 74-year-old is to play at the Regent Theatre on October 11.
With more than 70 million records sold worldwide, the singer is one of the UK's most successful artists.
Hazel Clover, manager of the Regent Theatre said the performer hasn't been to the venue for nearly 15 years.
She said: “Petula Clark is a very popular act and we are expecting her to sell out the theatre. She did very well last time she was in Ipswich.”
Petula joins the Regent's autumn season line up which includes East 17, Billy Connolly, McFly and Jools Holland.
- 1 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 2 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 7 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 8 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 9 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 10 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
Miss Clover said: “Her act compliments other female artists coming to the theatre including Beverley Night in October and Natasha Bedingfield in February 2008.”
Due to be performing in America before coming to Ipswich, Petula is due to perfrom in a number of other UK venues.
Miss Clover added: “Petula is extremely well known and she hasn't been to Ipswich for a number of years. Her biggest hit was Downtown. She will be performing a collection of her hits during the act.”
Are you a Petula Clark fan? What do you think? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org