Evenings at Emperor pub in Ipswich in 1975 in Days Gone By
- Credit: Archant
Did you enjoy nights out at the Emperor pub in Ipswich back in the 1970s?
If so, you might spot yourself in these photos, taken when our photographer spent an evening there in 1975.
One of the town’s many lost pubs, the Emperor inn building in Norwich Road dates back to the 1840s.
MORE: A night out at the Greyhound pub in 1973The pub closed in 2012 and was controversially converted into a Tesco Express, but it is fondly remembered by generations of customers.
Our photos show customers enjoying a drink and a chat, with many 1970s hairstyles and fashions on show.
One photo also reveals that Tolly Cobbold’s Husky lager was among the beers on tap at the Emperor in 1975. Did you ever try this tipple, which was much criticised in its day?
MORE: Memories of the Suffolk Punch pub in 1974 If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
Order staff photos at archantsuffolk.newsprints.co.uk or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 4 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash