Pic: Amazing building collapse shock
LEGENDARY chimney and building buster Fred Dibner would turn in his grave at the very thought of it.
LEGENDARY chimney and building buster Fred Dibnah would turn in his grave at the very thought of it.
A tower block toppled by explosives experts - and landing on its back with hardly a brick out of place.
We've all seen the big building “blow-up” projects - including a few here in Ipswich - but this one from China had everyone scratching their eyes.
This picture reached The Evening Star from doyen north of England architect Paul Dinsdale, who wondered:” How was structural integrity maintained over twelve storeys - with hardly a window broken?
You may also want to watch:
“The alleged reason for the collapse is certainly feasible …hollow piles? Look at the fractured ends of the piles, and there's virtually no sign of any substantial reinforcement, either!”
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 9 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again