Unlisted period home with 4.5 acres and a former moat goes up for sale in Suffolk parish for £995,000
- Credit: Archant
An unlisted period house set in 4.5 acres of parkland-style grounds has come up for sale near Stowmarket for just under £1m.
Selling agents David Burr say that the property, known as Pipers Hall, has undergone significant improvement over the years to create a substantial family home. It not only enjoys extensive living accommodation, extending to over 4,500 sq ft, but also comes with 4.5 acres of stunning parkland-style grounds, offering far-reaching views of the Suffolk countryside, and a detached two-bedroom guesthouse.
It’s currently for sale at a guide price of £995,000 and features an entrance hall, drawing room and dining room on the ground floor, as well as a butler’s pantry, boot room and an extensive kitchen/breakfast room. The kitchen offers one of the most interesting character features of the house, a ‘beehive’-style bread oven, which is constructed out of an eye-catching red brick and set into a pamment-tiled hearth.
The ground floor also includes a utility room, conservatory with lantern ceiling and two further reception rooms.
The main staircase is fitted with Turkish carpet runners and stair rods and leads on to a galleried landing, where there are five good-sized bedrooms and a family bathroom. The master suite is particularly striking and is double-aspect, offering gorgeous views to the side and rear, as well as ornate cornicing to the ceiling and a luxurious en suite bathroom with a freestanding oval-shaped bath.
You may also want to watch:
The property’s former carriage house has been converted into a self-contained annexe and is set within a partly walled garden just a few steps from the main house. It includes an entrance hall, sitting room, two bedrooms, kitchen and shower room and is adjacent to a four-bay garage block.
The grounds of Pipers Hall are in fact a huge selling point, with extensive areas of lawn to the front, a part-walled formal garden to the right and parkland-style grounds at the rear. There is also an orchard, which delivers prolific crops each year, including a variety of eating and cooking apples, as well as cherries, pear, plum, damsons and greengages.
- 1 Ipswich hairdressers hoping to transform lives at new town centre salon
- 2 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
- 3 'Quick-thinking' member of public spotted Felixstowe drink-driver
- 4 The Botanist looking for staff ahead of rumoured Ipswich opening
- 5 Drug line 'marketing manager' jailed for role in £33k-a-month dealing operation
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Couple rescue woman stuck in mud with help from their dog
- 10 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
A former moat also provides an access bridge back to the front grounds where you will find a natural spring-fed pond and the former swimming pool, which has been converted into an ornamental duck pond.
The property also comes with a stable block offering three stables, a tack room, wood store and walk-in kitchen.
For more information, contact David Burr on 01359 245245.
Pipers Hall, Forward Green near Stowmarket
Guide price: £995,000
David Burr Estate Agents, 01359 245245, www.davidburr.co.uk