Plans submitted for new restaurant in Tacket Street, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A planning application has been lodged for a new restaurant or cafe in Tacket Street, Ipswich.
The application has been submitted by Beane, Wass and Box for a change of use for the former Grabs kitchenware clearance shop, to become a restaurant or cafe.
The unit had previously been a restaurant between 1970 and 1983, before planning was approved for it to become retail.
While no name has been confirmed for the unit currently, it is understood that talks are ongoing, and is likely to be for a local firm rather than a national chain or franchisee.
A spokesman from Beane, Wass and Box said it was important for planning permission to be established before the final tenants were announced.
You may also want to watch:
It is in the consultation period currently, and will be considered by planning officers or committee in early April.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 8 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers