Police appeal after late-night attack
TWO men needed hospital treatment after being attacked by a group of youths in Woodbridge.A 59-year-old man sustained a broken tooth, an injury to his eye and cuts and bruises, and his 42-year-old friend sustained a possible broken rib and a black eye.
TWO men needed hospital treatment after being attacked by a group of youths in Woodbridge.
A 59-year-old man was given a broken tooth, an injury to his eye and cuts and bruises, and his 42-year-old friend sustained a possible broken rib and a black eye.
The pair were walking in an alleyway between shops Wine Rack and Barratts, off the Thoroughfare, at about 11pm on Friday
They saw a group of around five males and at least two females standing near a bike rack in the alley and as they walked by, one member of the group made a comment to them.
The two men were then assaulted by members of the group before going to safety at the river area where some youths offered them tissues.
One of the offenders is described as white, in his mid to late teens, about 5ft 5ins, of stocky or chubby build, with dark hair. He was wearing a dark fleece-type top with a hood, with lighter coloured panels on the front, and dark baggy jeans.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 4 Fire breaks out in field near Westbourne Park in Ipswich
- 5 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 6 Car damaged after object thrown from bridge over A14 outside Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich machete attack was 'gang related', court hears
- 8 Ipswich coffee shop owner receives award from PM
- 9 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 10 Ipswich Hospital parking costs rise for first time in 10 years
Police want to trace the group and the youngsters who offered the men tissues after the incident.
Anyone with information about the attack is asked to call Woodbridge police on 01473 613500.