Police appeal over teenager's death
Police officers investigating the sudden death of a teenager have issued an appeal to the public.The death of 16-year-old Makiebien Stappard is being treated by Suffolk police as ''unexplained.
Police officers investigating the sudden death of a teenager have issued an appeal to the public.
The death of 16-year-old Makiebien Stappard is being treated by Suffolk police as ''unexplained.''
He had been to an 18th birthday party at the Sizewell sports club, Leiston, on February 13 and then he died the following morning.
You may also want to watch:
Makiebien was found unconscious by his mother at their home in Arnhem Road, Leiston, and he was taken to Ipswich Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The Leiston High School pupil was a popular and highly intelligent sixth form student.
- 1 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 2 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 3 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 4 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 5 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 6 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 9 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
Police officers want to hear from anyone who saw Makiebien in the 24 hours before he died to build up a picture of what he did before his death.
They are asking for anyone who was with him, or who saw him, to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.