Orwell Bridge traffic builds after lorries collide on the A14
- Credit: Archant
A lorry crashed into another HGV after a tyre blow out on the A14, causing tailbacks towards the Orwell Bridge.
The lorry was travelling in the outside lane on the eastbound carriageway close to the Wherstead interchange at around 8.40am when the tyre blew.
It then collided with another lorry, and the accident partially blocked the lane.
Suffolk police were called and road traffic officers closed the lane whilst the vehicles were moved to the nearby slip lane.
The lane was closed for nearly an hour and there are still residual delays between Wherstead at junction 56 to junction 54 at Sproughton.
You may also want to watch:
The congestion is affecting traffic flow onto the Orwell Bridge.
The AA website shows delays of five minutes with vehicles travelling at just 5mph between the two junctions.
- 1 Martlesham man caught with indecent images for second time
- 2 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 3 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 4 New Aldi store takes shape near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 7 When Anita Dobson visited Ipswich - and more 1980s pub memories
- 8 Snow could hit Suffolk as overnight temperatures set to plunge
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages