Orwell Bridge traffic builds after lorries collide on the A14
- Credit: Archant
A lorry crashed into another HGV after a tyre blow out on the A14, causing tailbacks towards the Orwell Bridge.
The lorry was travelling in the outside lane on the eastbound carriageway close to the Wherstead interchange at around 8.40am when the tyre blew.
It then collided with another lorry, and the accident partially blocked the lane.
Suffolk police were called and road traffic officers closed the lane whilst the vehicles were moved to the nearby slip lane.
The lane was closed for nearly an hour and there are still residual delays between Wherstead at junction 56 to junction 54 at Sproughton.
The congestion is affecting traffic flow onto the Orwell Bridge.
The AA website shows delays of five minutes with vehicles travelling at just 5mph between the two junctions.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 6 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 7 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 8 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?