Huge boat and rolling road block could spark delays on Orwell Bridge
- Credit: DAVID MORTIMER
The A14 and Orwell Bridge may face closures and delays when Suffolk police escort an enormous boat from Felixstowe to Derbyshire.
Officers will accompany the abnormal load across the bridge on its route across the country tomorrow, Thursday November 7.
The 4.2m tall boat will be moved from Felixstowe Dock to Alfreton, Derbyshire.
The boat weighs a staggering 44,000kg and is 18.5m long and 5.15m wide.
Motorists are being warned that there may be delays when the abnormal load is on the move - as if the boat is wide enough to take up two lanes, then the escort will act as a rolling road block.
You may also want to watch:
The boat will move along the A154 then on to the A14 where it will travel across the Orwell Bridge.
It will then proceed to the A12 and along the M25 before heaidng down the A38 to hit local roads that reach the site.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 4 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 5 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 6 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 7 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
Suffolk Police will be escorting the load as far as junction 26 on the M25 at Waltham Abbey.