Police helicopter searches Ipswich street over reports a group of men were seen with a gun
- Credit: citizenside.com
Police units and the NPAS helicopter were called to Sirdar Road in Ipswich last night after receiving reports six or seven men had been acting suspiciously in the area.
Representatives for the force said one of the men was reported to have been holding a gun – sparking a large emergency response in the area.
They had only received one call about the reports, they said, but the National Police Air Service were informed shortly afterwards and sent the Boreham-based helicopter to assist.
A police spokeswoman said there was said to have been a house party in the area earlier in the evening and that detectives were sent to investigate at around 10.30pm on Friday.
The helicopter was spotted over the street at around 11pm but officers were stood down at 11.30pm after no trace of the men was found.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have seen suspicious activity in the area around the times specified above should call Suffolk police on 101 quoting CAD number 535 of Friday, June 16.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 10 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air