Police hunt after cash machine robberies
POLICE today said they are not yet officially linking two robberies which took place just a day apart at a cash machine outside an Ipswich store.Officers said a decision will be made whether to link when statements have been obtained from the victims.
POLICE today said they are not yet officially linking two robberies which took place just a day apart at a cash machine outside an Ipswich store.
Officers said a decision will be made whether to link when statements have been obtained from the victims.
Both crimes took place at the cash machine near the Coop in Austin Street.
Officers believe the first robbery took place between 10.30pm and 10.45pm on Monday May 14.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said: “A 20-year-old male attended the ATM near to the CO-OP to withdraw cash. While withdrawing money, a man held him around the neck from behind while another man tried to withdraw money from his account using his card.”
The withdrawal was unsuccessful and the men made off with the bankcard.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
The first man is described as dark skinned, 5ft 10 and of slim build. He was wearing a hooded top with the hood up, blue jeans and white NIKE trainers.
The second man is described as dark skinned, 6ft 2 and of stocky build.
The second robbery took place at 7.05am on Tuesday May 15.
The spokeswoman said: “An 18-year-old male attended the ATM near to the CO-OP to withdraw cash. While withdrawing money the victim was aware of a male cycling backwards and forwards passed him.
“As the ATM dispensed the cash the male threatened the victim, stole the cash and cycled off towards Vaughan Street.”
The man is described as black, about 17 to 20 years old, 5ft 10 with short Afro style hair. He was wearing a blue hooded top with a white logo, a dark blue/white bandana pulled over the lower half of his face and dark coloured jogging bottoms. He was riding a silver/grey mountain bike.
Anyone with information about either of these crimes should contact DC Ann Baker at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.