Woman in critical condition after being found with ‘serious head injury’ on Stoke Bridge in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A 45-year-old woman is in a critical condition after being found with a ‘serious head injury’ on Stoke Bridge in Ipswich last night.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the injured woman was discovered at around 12.05am on Sunday, November 4, close to the skate park.
Paramedics were also sent to the scene and rushed the woman to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridgeshire.
Her condition was initially described as critical and last night as serious. She remains in hospital.
Police believe the woman had been assaulted and have launched an investigation into what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Officers closed a stretch of Bridge Street into town while investigations took place, reopening it around 4pm.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “There is a scene in place in Bridge Street while investigations take place and the road and footpath into the town have been closed, with a diversion in place.
- 1 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 2 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 3 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 4 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 5 Car rental business set to bring jobs boost
- 6 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 7 Return of live music to continue with one-day Ipswich festival
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: Drug courier and teenage burglar put behind bars
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
“The outbound road remains open.”
Councillor Philip Smart, who represents the Bridge ward, said he was shocked to hear of the assault.
“The first thing is we hope she is able to make a full recovery,” he said.
“The second is I hope the police are successful in finding whoever did this.
“We do not want this sort of behaviour being normalised in Ipswich.”
He added the borough council may have CCTV in the area and would offer every assistance to police to aid their investigation.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with dash cam footage or saw a woman wearing red woolly hat, red hooded jumper, a white jacket, blue denim trousers and blue trainers between 11.45pm on Saturday, November 3 and 12.17am on Sunday, November 4, to come forward.
If you were in the area around Stoke Bridge last night or know anything that could assist officers in their investigation, call Suffolk police on 101 quoting crime reference CAD 72 of November 4.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers on 0800555111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org