Police investigate attempted robbery in Ipswich
Suffolk police are investigating an attempted robbery in Mallard Way, Ipswich, that took place around 9.55pm on Tuesday.
A 60-year-old man saw a man riding a bike and carrying two bags of shopping in Cambridge Drive.
A few minutes later the man approached the 60-year-old and demanded money.
The pair spoke briefly before the robber fled empty handed.
He is described as mixed race, in his late teens or early 20s, of slim build, around 5ft 6in tall with straight shoulder length black hair.
You may also want to watch:
At the time he was wearing a light patterned shirt, dark trousers and dark jacket.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths