Police investigate lead theft from church in Sproughton
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating a lead theft from a church in Sproughton last week.
The incident happened at a church in Church Lane, which was reported on October 17.
Police said that offenders had taken lead from a section of the lower roof by using a ladder, and believe that given the time it takes to remove lead that several people are likely to have been involved.
Sergeant Brian Calver said: “Communities can act as our eyes and ears, and by making a note of any suspicious activity of people or vehicles we can deter thieves.
“Don’t ignore anything that you think looks out of place – report anything you think may be suspicious to the police.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also urge scrap dealers to report any attempts at lead disposal to us, as the lead from church roofs is often marked with smart water and so we can easily identify where it’s come from.”
Anyone with information should call 101.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 9 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol