Police pursuit in Felixstowe involving stolen Peugeot 308 ends after crash with police car
- Credit: Archant
Two people were arrested after a police pursuit ended in a crash involving a police car in Felixstowe on Monday night.
Police received a report at 9.20pm that a Peugeot 308 had been stolen from near Cliff Road.
Officers attended the area and came across the stolen vehicle at 9.50pm, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
The stolen vehicle did not stop for police, resulting in a four-minute chase. It came to an end when the vehicle crashed into a police car in a car park in Manor Terrace – around three miles away from where the Peugeot had been stolen.
There were two police officers in the police car involved in the collision, but they were not seriously injured and were not taken to hospital, the force spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects were apprehended in the car park and arrested on a number of theft and motoring offences, police said.
They are currently in police custody.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 6 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 10 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
Police are asking witnesses or anyone with information about this incident to call the force on 101 to help.