Witnesses report car flipped after overtaking vehicle on A14 near Claydon
A vehicle is reported to have “spun out” while travelling along the A14 near Claydon, north of Ipswich.
Suffolk police’s control room said it received several reports of an accident at around 9.30pm this evening.
A force spokesman said witnesses had reported seeing a car attempting to overtake another vehicle before spinning and then flipping on to its roof.
However, when officers arrived on the scene the carriageways was said to be clear,
“There’s no trace of any vehicle,” a spokesman added.
“Officers are just going to carry out a sweep of the verges and make sure no one has been hurt.
“It’s not causing any disruption for other road users.”
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 4 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 5 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 6 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
- 7 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 8 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 9 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 10 Teenager involved in burglary which 'trashed' home must do unpaid work
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent two crews from Princes Street and one from Needham Market to assist.
Officers have since left the scene, having been unable to find any vehicle.