Police search for bogus trio
POLICE are looking for three men who carried out a distraction burglary in Britannia Road, Ipswich.The trio was comprised of one man described as very respectable-looking, one with upward-pointing eyebrows and one with a large mouth.
POLICE are looking for three men who carried out a distraction burglary in Britannia Road, Ipswich.
The trio was comprised of one man described as very respectable-looking, one with upward-pointing eyebrows and one with a large mouth.
The three struck at the home of an 82-year-old where the respectable-looking man approached the owner and said his dog had chased an injured cat into the garden.
The man helped the visitor search for a while before noticing two further men in the house, who made off with cash stolen from the home.
The respectable-looking man is described as white, in his mid twenties and around 5ft 6ins to 5ft 8ins tall and of medium build with short fair hair and clean shaven, and wearing a three-quarter-length light-coloured, thin shower-proof style coat and dark trousers.
The second man is described as scruffy, white, around 20 years old, 5ft 8ins tall and of slim build, with collar-length dark wavy untidy hair, unshaven and wearing a black and white stripy jumper.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 4 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 5 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 6 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 7 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 8 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 9 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 10 Five popular eateries that have opened in Ipswich so far this year
He had a thin face and the occupant noticed that his eyebrows were noticeably pointed upwards.
A third man is also described as scruffy and white, around 30 years old, of medium build with dark wavy untidy hair, and with a large mouth.
He was wearing a dark-coloured sweater and dark trousers.
Anyone with any information should contact Dc James Booth at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.