Police seek witnesses after A12 fatal
A PORSCHE driver died today after the car he was driving was involved in a head on collision at Wangford near Southwold.The accident happened at 9.29am on the bypass at Wangford and involved a Porsche 944 and a Land Rover.
A PORSCHE driver died today after the car he was driving was involved in a head on collision at Wangford near Southwold.
The accident happened at 9.29am on the bypass at Wangford and involved a Porsche 944 and a Land Rover.
The A12 was blocked for at least two hours after the accident.
Diversions were in place following the accident and the road was open by 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
The man who died, who comes from North Suffolk, was reported as being severely trapped half an hour after the accident by the fire service.
He was released by fire crews from the wreckage but Suffolk police confirmed he had since died.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Plans to close A14 truck stop slammed amid driver shortage
- 9 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 10 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
The driver of the Land Rover, was taken to the James Paget Hospital at Gorleston, Norfolk by helicopter.
Police have confirmed he is a local man and has suffered a fractured leg.
Suffolk police have appealed for any witnesses to the accident to call them on 01473 613500.