Police seek witnesses after A12 fatal
A PORSCHE driver died today after the car he was driving was involved in a head on collision at Wangford near Southwold.The accident happened at 9.29am on the bypass at Wangford and involved a Porsche 944 and a Land Rover.
A PORSCHE driver died today after the car he was driving was involved in a head on collision at Wangford near Southwold.
The accident happened at 9.29am on the bypass at Wangford and involved a Porsche 944 and a Land Rover.
The A12 was blocked for at least two hours after the accident.
Diversions were in place following the accident and the road was open by 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
The man who died, who comes from North Suffolk, was reported as being severely trapped half an hour after the accident by the fire service.
He was released by fire crews from the wreckage but Suffolk police confirmed he had since died.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 3 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 8 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 9 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
The driver of the Land Rover, was taken to the James Paget Hospital at Gorleston, Norfolk by helicopter.
Police have confirmed he is a local man and has suffered a fractured leg.
Suffolk police have appealed for any witnesses to the accident to call them on 01473 613500.