Popstars head back to town
CHART toppers Liberty X are on their way back to town.Less than two weeks after their headline slot at Party in the Dark at Ipswich Corn Exchange and just over a month since they performed to 100,000 fans at Radio 1's One Big Sunday in Chantry Park, the band have announced they're returning, this time to play the Regent.
By Jo Macdonald
CHART toppers Liberty X are on their way back to town.
Less than two weeks after their headline slot at Party in the Dark at Ipswich Corn Exchange and just over a month since they performed to 100,000 fans at Radio 1's One Big Sunday in Chantry Park, the band have announced they're returning, this time to play the Regent.
Kelli, Michelle, Jessica, Kevin and Tony are setting out on the road on a headline tour of the UK early next year and are due back in Ipswich on March 19, joined by special guests who have still to be announced.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the Ipswich leg of their Just A Little tour go on sale on Friday and are expected to be snapped up fast.
Liberty X have become familiar faces in town in the past two months thanks to their appearances at One Big Sunday and Party in the Dark but their appearance in town next year promises to be on a bigger scale.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 8 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
Rather than merely performing the singles that have brought them success they are set to put on a big set with performances of plenty of songs from their debut album, Thinking It Over, and possibly some newer tracks as well.
But the instantly recognisable hits will still be there – including the number one Just A Little and new single Got To Have Your Love.
The rise of Liberty X continues and the headline tour is another sign that the band, once mocked as Flopstars, are here to stay for a while longer.
While their peers Hear'Say may be struggling to re-establish themselves in the music industry, the five who were the losers of ITV's Popstars are riding high on their success.
Signed to Richard Branson's V2 label they have been given a credibility many pop bands crave and have established a more mature pop sound with a creative hand in everything they do.
They are a band who know what they want – and luckily for Ipswich that includes coming back here.
Liberty X will perform at Ipswich Regent as part of their Just A Little tour at 7.30pm on March 19. Tickets are £16.50 and go on sale at 10am on Friday from the Central Box Office, Princes Street, Ipswich. They can also be bought by calling 01473 433100 or logging on to www.ipswich-ents.co.uk