Ipswich B&M worker tests positive for coronavirus while on annual leave
- Credit: Archant
A member of staff at a B&M store in Ipswich is self-isolating after testing positive for coronavirus.
The staff member from the discount retailer’s Warren Heath shop was on annual leave when they took the Covid-19 test.
A A B&M spokesman said: “A colleague tested positive for Covid-19 whilst on annual leave. They are now self-isolating in accordance with Government guidelines.”
It is understood the store in Felixstowe Road is open as normal.
The chain has a range of social distancing and safety measures in place across all its stores, including providing hand sanitiser and protective screens at checkouts, as well as requiring customers to wear face masks in accordance with the law.
You may also want to watch:
The B&M store moved to its current location, at the site of the former Homebase, last year, from its previous location at Ransomes Europark.
The discounter also has three other stores in Ipswich.
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 3 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 4 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- 8 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused