Ipswich B&M worker tests positive for coronavirus while on annual leave
- Credit: Archant
A member of staff at a B&M store in Ipswich is self-isolating after testing positive for coronavirus.
The staff member from the discount retailer’s Warren Heath shop was on annual leave when they took the Covid-19 test.
A A B&M spokesman said: “A colleague tested positive for Covid-19 whilst on annual leave. They are now self-isolating in accordance with Government guidelines.”
It is understood the store in Felixstowe Road is open as normal.
The chain has a range of social distancing and safety measures in place across all its stores, including providing hand sanitiser and protective screens at checkouts, as well as requiring customers to wear face masks in accordance with the law.
You may also want to watch:
The B&M store moved to its current location, at the site of the former Homebase, last year, from its previous location at Ransomes Europark.
The discounter also has three other stores in Ipswich.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 3 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 8 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 9 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated