Power cuts hit county
Homes in Suffolk have been experiencing power cuts as a result of this morning's heavy snow.There have been reports of cuts in the Martlesham Heath area of the town.
Homes in Suffolk have been experiencing power cuts as a result of this morning's heavy snow.
There have been reports of cuts in the Martlesham Heath area of Ipswich.
A spokesperson for EDF Energy said: Some customers have been experiencing interruptions to their power supplies because of the snowy weather affecting overhead power lines overnight.
“Small, localised incidents have occurred in the South East, and the worst affected areas in the East include Cambridge, King's Lynn and Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
“Alongside our usual workforce we have extra teams of engineers working from job to job, although the snow the East is making travelling conditions difficult, making it harder for our engineers to reach our substations and other parts of our network, which can slow down the restoration of supplies.
“We would remind customers to please stay well away from any fallen power lines, for safety reasons.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
“We appreciate how difficult it can be to lose power, especially in cold weather, and would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.”