Praise for quick-thinking schoolgirl
A WOMAN who slipped and fractured her arm has praised a quick-thinking schoolgirl and a Good Samaritan who came to her aid. Tara Carr is recovering at her home in Foxhall Road, Ipswich, after breaking her left elbow during a fall in Woodbridge.
A WOMAN who slipped and fractured her arm has praised a quick-thinking schoolgirl and a Good Samaritan who came to her aid.
Tara Carr is recovering at her home in Foxhall Road, Ipswich, after breaking her left elbow during a fall in Woodbridge.
Miss Carr, 24, slipped close to St Mary's primary school, Burkitt Road, and a motorist came to her aid and called for an ambulance.
Emily Paterson, seven, who was with Miss Carr at the time, dashed into the primary school to find help from the headteacher Alister Gourlay.
The accident happened on September 21 after school and Miss Carr, a play leader, hopes she will be able to return to work next month.
She said: “I am incredibly grateful to everybody who helped me. Emily was brave, calm and she said she would go into the school to get help.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 5 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 6 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 7 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
“Unfortunately I do not know the name of the gentleman driver who helped and I would like to say thank you to him.”
Miss Carr was helping at the Pitstop after-school club in Melton and she had collected Emily from Sandlings Primary School and were on their way to St Mary's to pick up two other children.
Emily has received a commendation from her school for her calm and mature response to the accident and a road safety badge from her Brownies group.