Prayers for driver in coach tragedy
AMID overwhelming grief, the Minister of Landseer Road Methodist Church today asked people to pray for the coach driver involved in the tragedy.Reverend David Shawcross said: "In our grieving for young Kiara and the awful loss for her family, let us not forget the pain the driver of the coach is going through.
AMID overwhelming grief, the Minister of Landseer Road Methodist Church today asked people to prey for the coach driver involved in the tragedy.
Reverend David Shawcross said: "In our grieving for young Kiara and the awful loss for her family, let us not forget the pain the driver of the coach is going through. I am sure that all sorts of emotions and worries are going through his mind at this very moment.
"The driver has been involved in the death of a young child. He or she is going to carry that for the rest of his life. Pray for the driver."
The coach driver of the coach is said to be in an extremely distressed condition and is currently on sick leave.
You may also want to watch:
A long-term employee of the John Rannoch poultry factory in Haughley Park, Stowmarket, he was driving employees from Ipswich to Haughley Park in time for their 2pm shift. However no one else is believed to have been on the vehicle at the time of the fatal collision.
Richard Cooper, managing director of John Rannoch Ltd, said: "The driver is absolutely devastated. We will be offering whatever support we can give him.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 10 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
"We are talking to him on a regular basis and will give him whatever he needs.
"The police have their own investigation to carry out, but as far as we are aware, it was a tragic accident.
Sending a message of condolence to the Stevenson-Mann family, he said: "The mood in the factory is one of total shock. We are all devastated and our hearts go out to the family at this difficult time."