Prisoners' night out for farewell drink
PRISONERS have been disciplined after nipping out to a Suffolk pub for a farewell drink before sneaking back to their jail loaded with bottles, it emerged today. Their night out at the local was spoiled after police were informed.
By Tracey Sparling
PRISONERS have been disciplined after nipping out to a Suffolk pub for a farewell drink before sneaking back to their jail loaded with bottles, it emerged today.
But their night out at the local was spoiled after police were informed of their antics.
Three inmates from Hollesley Bay open unit – dubbed by some media as "Holiday Bay" and made famous by Jeffrey Archer's spell there – were eventually caught out after their unauthorised night out.
You may also want to watch:
Today, the Prison Service said it has disciplined two of the those involved.
The pair, who were in Hollesley's Shepherd and Dog pub, shared a going-away drink with another inmate on the night before he was due to get his freedom.
- 1 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 7 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 10 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR