Probation for indecent assault man
A SUFFOLK man who believed a woman returned his sexual feelings has been put on probation for indecent assault.Terrence Youles, 48, of Hollow Road, Bury St.
A SUFFOLK man who believed a woman returned his sexual feelings has been put on probation for indecent assault.
Terrence Youles, 48, of Hollow Road, Bury St. Edmunds pleaded guilty to the charge but added that there were reasons for his behaviour.
Ipswich Crown Court heard that Youles and the woman had had a relationship which ended after several reconciliation.
The court heard that when he kissed her neck and touched her breasts and thigh over her clothing he believed the relationship was beginning again.
However the woman complained to the police about Youles' "over zealous petting".
John John Devaux heard that the assault was a "misjudgement" rather than "malicious" and he sentenced Youles to 12 months probation and told him to pay £200 towards court costs.
- 1 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 4 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 5 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 6 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 7 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 8 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 9 Couple get engaged after abseiling down Ipswich Hospital block
- 10 Mobile phone and laptop stolen in spate of thefts from cars near Ipswich
He said it was with "some misgivings" he was passing such a lenient sentence and asked for the probation service to provide him with a report of Youles' progress in four months time. An unusual request to ensure the order was successful.