Proms come to Suffolk
IF you revel in all things jubilee then the Last Night at the Jubilee Proms concert could be just for you.On June 26 the Riverside Theatre in Woodbridge will host a wonderful celebration performed by the Locrian Ensemble.
By Victoria Knowles
IF you revel in all things jubilee then the Last Night at the Jubilee Proms concert could be just for you.
On June 26 the Riverside Theatre in Woodbridge will host a wonderful celebration performed by the Locrian Ensemble.
There will be many favourites including Land of Hope and Glory, Rule Britannia and Jerusalem.
You may also want to watch:
In true Last Night tradition the Locrians will also perform beautiful classics by composers such as Mozart, Puccini, and Novello.
The Locrian Ensemble is one of Britain's most sought after musical groups and they are constantly in demand.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 4 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 7 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 8 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 9 Walking back to happiness - 18 great trails to follow and a festival
- 10 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
They have recorded music for some of the most respected composers and have played the scores for Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.
British composers will also be well represented on the evening with the music of Elgar and Coates.
To end the celebrations there will be a special tribute to the Queen Mother with a moving rendition of Bach's Air on a G String.
Lavish costumes and an evocative candlelight setting will make it an evening to remember.
The Locrians will be joined at the theatre by Covent Garden soprano Christine Teare, who as Britannia, will lead the singing, flag waving, and streamer throwing in the memorable finale to a special musical evening.
If you would like tickets then please call the theatre on 01394 382174.