Proms come to Suffolk
IF you revel in all things jubilee then the Last Night at the Jubilee Proms concert could be just for you.On June 26 the Riverside Theatre in Woodbridge will host a wonderful celebration performed by the Locrian Ensemble.
By Victoria Knowles
IF you revel in all things jubilee then the Last Night at the Jubilee Proms concert could be just for you.
On June 26 the Riverside Theatre in Woodbridge will host a wonderful celebration performed by the Locrian Ensemble.
There will be many favourites including Land of Hope and Glory, Rule Britannia and Jerusalem.
You may also want to watch:
In true Last Night tradition the Locrians will also perform beautiful classics by composers such as Mozart, Puccini, and Novello.
The Locrian Ensemble is one of Britain's most sought after musical groups and they are constantly in demand.
- 1 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 2 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 6 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 7 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 8 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Extra police patrols to be carried out in Ipswich following stabbing
They have recorded music for some of the most respected composers and have played the scores for Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.
British composers will also be well represented on the evening with the music of Elgar and Coates.
To end the celebrations there will be a special tribute to the Queen Mother with a moving rendition of Bach's Air on a G String.
Lavish costumes and an evocative candlelight setting will make it an evening to remember.
The Locrians will be joined at the theatre by Covent Garden soprano Christine Teare, who as Britannia, will lead the singing, flag waving, and streamer throwing in the memorable finale to a special musical evening.
If you would like tickets then please call the theatre on 01394 382174.