The Plough Inn in Ipswich reopens with new look following £280,000 refurbishment
- Credit: Jason Bye
The historic Plough Inn in Ipswich has reopened to the public after a major £280,000 refurbishment.
Investment by the owners, Stonegate Pub Company, includes developing its community links, entertainment and the food and drink offering in the pub, in the heart of the town and next to the Old Cattle Market bus station.
There are familiar faces still, including the managers of 19 years, Paul and Michelle Bird, behind the bar.
The popular community pub is introducing a fresh new look with historic embellishments, a modernised bar area and an overhauled beer garden complete with astro turf and uninterrupted sports viewing.
All was revealed at a VIP event on Friday, June 16, with menu tasters, a meet the brewer with Lilley’s cider handing out samples of their new flavours and Adnam’s brewery explaining tricks of the craft beer revolution trade.
“We pride ourselves on being a great community pub and want to give something back to our locals. A bit of TLC is exactly what we need, its brand new and ready for the summer sunshine,” Mr Bird said.
With three upgraded HD sports screens, the pub now has nine screens and a projector so there is plenty of room for sports fans to unite.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 3 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 4 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 5 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 6 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Women uniting against violence in Ipswich
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
- 10 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
Summer socialising wouldn’t be complete without a brand new food menu, with 100 variations of dishes including traditional pub favourites like pie and mash to extensive vegetarian options like the vegetable panang curry.
Opening times have extended now opening at 9am everyday.
Drinks haven’t been left out either with an expansion of craft beer including Adnams dry hop and Blue Moon. Tutti Fruity and Cherry blush cocktail bowls are set for a summer sell out as the warmer months will entice locals to the revamped beer garden complete with decking and a brand new seating area.