Pupil scoops top Ipswich media award
A TALENTED Ipswich school pupil made headlines of her own after scooping a prestigious Evening Star award.Northgate High pupil Vicki Bloomfield beat off stiff competition from 70 pupils and classmates to become the Evening Star Media Studies Student of the Year.
By Amanda Cresswell
A TALENTED Ipswich school pupil made headlines of her own after scooping a prestigious Evening Star award.
Northgate High pupil Vicki Bloomfield beat off stiff competition from 70 pupils and classmates to become the Evening Star Media Studies Student of the Year.
Evening Star editor Nigel Pickover presented the delighted 17-year-old with a hand held computer in front of proud parents Joan and Doug, headmaster Neil Watts, teachers and classmates.
You may also want to watch:
Vicki was picked for her commitment, dedication and genuine interest in the subject.
Mr Pickover praised the high-flying student and said: "It marks a successful start to Vicky's career. It shows what you can get for your passion and commitment."
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 3 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
It is the first year The Star has worked in partnership with Northgate High to reward promising media student.
All the media studies students spent an afternoon at Press House in Lower Brook Street to see the news team in action.
Media studies teacher John Alexander, said it was is a good example of local commerce working together with sixth formers.
"It has worked very well and we are looking forward to carry it on well into the future. Today's media students are tomorrow's journalists."
Vicki, who hopes to study art and media at university, said she was "really excited" to win the award.
Media studies started at Northgate four years ago and now has 130 students studying the subject at sixth form level.
A total of 65 percent of the students this year achieved As in their exam in January.