Rail apology after late night delays
RAIL operator One has apologised after rail passengers faced delays of more than an hour on Saturday night.Due to engineering works, the 11.30pm service from Liverpool Street to Norwich was partially replaced by a coach from London to Ingatestone on Saturday evening.
RAIL operator One has apologised after rail passengers faced delays of more than an hour on Saturday night.
Due to engineering works, the 11.30pm service from Liverpool Street to Norwich was partially replaced by a coach from London to Ingatestone on Saturday evening.
But angry passengers claimed they waited until 12.10am until the coach set off and, when it finally arrived at Ingatestone, the connecting train had already departed, meaning they had to travel the remaining journey on the coach.
According to one passenger, the service should have arrived at Ipswich at 1.27am but did not get in until 2.45am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for One last night apologised for the delay and said it was investigating the cause.
He said: “Obviously we apologise to people who were delayed by over an hour. They are entitled to compensation under the passenger charter.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
“What we will need to do is investigate with those on duty to find out what circumstances prevailed as to why this particular coach was late and why it did not connect with the rest of the people at Ingatestone.
“It may well be they were waiting for another coach to come back in because of the numbers of people waiting at Liverpool Street.”