Rail apology after late night delays
RAIL operator One has apologised after rail passengers faced delays of more than an hour on Saturday night.Due to engineering works, the 11.30pm service from Liverpool Street to Norwich was partially replaced by a coach from London to Ingatestone on Saturday evening.
RAIL operator One has apologised after rail passengers faced delays of more than an hour on Saturday night.
Due to engineering works, the 11.30pm service from Liverpool Street to Norwich was partially replaced by a coach from London to Ingatestone on Saturday evening.
But angry passengers claimed they waited until 12.10am until the coach set off and, when it finally arrived at Ingatestone, the connecting train had already departed, meaning they had to travel the remaining journey on the coach.
According to one passenger, the service should have arrived at Ipswich at 1.27am but did not get in until 2.45am.
A spokesman for One last night apologised for the delay and said it was investigating the cause.
He said: “Obviously we apologise to people who were delayed by over an hour. They are entitled to compensation under the passenger charter.
- 1 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 2 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 3 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 4 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 5 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 6 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Strong interest expected as 'prime' town centre shop unit hits market with price tag of more than £1m
- 9 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 10 Five West End shows coming to Ipswich
“What we will need to do is investigate with those on duty to find out what circumstances prevailed as to why this particular coach was late and why it did not connect with the rest of the people at Ingatestone.
“It may well be they were waiting for another coach to come back in because of the numbers of people waiting at Liverpool Street.”