Rail delays after death on line
RUSH-hour rail services between East Anglia and London were badly disrupted today after a death on the line in Essex.A person was hit by a train travelling out of London on the main line at Brentwood at about 8am.
RUSH-hour rail services between East Anglia and London were badly disrupted today after a death on the line in Essex.
A person was hit by a train travelling out of London on the main line at Brentwood at about 8am.
All lines were closed while the body was recovered, but some trains were running again by 8.30am.
All lines were back to normal by 9.15am.
You may also want to watch:
One Anglia spokesman Peter Meades said there were delays of up to an hour on some trains to London, and there were knock-on effects throughout the morning.
However rail services were back to normal by lunchtime.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 4 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 10 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street