Rail passengers face delays on lines between Ipswich, Felixstowe and Lowestoft today
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers travelling from Ipswich to Lowestoft and Felixstowe today will face delays major track renewal work take place on the line.
Buses will replace rail services between Ipswich and Felixstowe until the end of the day.
On the line between Ipswich and Lowestoft, a bus service will operate between Ipswich and Halesworth.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said the disruption was due to ‘major track renewals work’.
It hasn’t been a happy time for train passengers in Suffolk this weekend.
Yesterday, there were reduced services between Ipswich and Felixstowe as engineering work took place between Woodbridge and Lowestoft.
The work forced trains to run at a reduced speed on tracks from Westerfield, which had a knock-on effect on Greater Anglia and freight trains in the area.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 4 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 5 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
- 6 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 7 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 8 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 10 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
A Greater Anglia spokesman said yesterday: “As a result, we have needed to reduce the Ipswich to Felixstowe service to one train every two hours, with a rail replacement bus service to operate instead of the cancelled train.”