Rail passengers face delays due to points failure at London Liverpool Street
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers are facing delays on the rails this morning due to a points failure at London Liverpool Street.
According to Greater Anglia, services running to and from the station may be cancelled, delayed for up to 15 minutes or revised.
A spokesman said: “Train services running to and from this station may be cancelled, delayed by up to 15 minutes or revised. Disruption is expected until 9am.
“Due to a points failure affecting platforms 11 and 12 at London Liverpool Street, services will experience disruption until the points can be restored.
“Network Rail have closed a section of the track that affects platforms 11 and 12 to work on the set of points.
You may also want to watch:
“Whilst they do this essential work, some of our trains will transfer to the other line towards London Liverpool Street.
“This will cause significant congestion on the approach to London, and services will be delayed and may also have altered platforms.
- 1 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 2 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 3 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 4 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 5 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 6 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 9 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces Christmas show supporting young Suffolk musicians
“To reduce the congestion some services may have their calling patterns altered at short notice.”
The disruption is set to affect services running through Ipswich, Colchester, Manningtree, Clacton, Braintree and Norwich.