Red light idiot puts lives on the line
A MANIAC driver drove through a railway crossing red light shortly before a train rumbled through, today's Evening Star reveals.And what makes the offence worse is that it was within yards of where a car and train collided just days before.
A MANIAC driver drove through a railway crossing red light shortly before a train rumbled through, today's Evening Star reveals.
And what makes the offence worse is that it was within yards of where a car and train collided just days before.
This reckless motorist was caught jumping red lights at a busy level crossing in Woodbridge by Star photographer Simon Parker.
To compound the offence, only last week lorry driver Mike Read was banned from driving for 12 months in a blaze of publicity after admitting dangerous driving when shooting a red light and colliding with a train at Blaxhall.
You may also want to watch:
His mistake landed 11 people in hospital and led to a repair bill of more than £683,000.
Less than a fortnight ago elderly couple Peter and Margaret Hill, of Melton Park, Melton, were involved in a collision with a train at Whisstock's crossing, which can be seen in the background of the picture.
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Man, 20, to face trial over £1,500 drug haul
The irresponsible driver of this Range Rover was snapped failing to stop at the crossing despite the flashing red warning lights – so risking his own life, and potentially many others.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR