Regent manager exits stage left
HAZEL Clover, manager of Ipswich's Regent Theatre is leaving, it was announced today.Miss Clover, who has worked as the venue's manager for the last seven-and-a-half years, is moving to the Midlands.
HAZEL Clover, manager of Ipswich's Regent Theatre is leaving, it was announced today.
Miss Clover, who has worked as the venue's manager for the last seven-and-a-half years, is moving to the Midlands.
The 42-year-old said: “I have recently got married and we both have family and friends in the Midlands.
You may also want to watch:
“The Regent theatre has been my passion for the last eight or so years and it is a wrench to leave. I leave behind a fantastic team of people.”
Miss Clover oversaw last year's £500,000 refurbishment of the theatre and development of the theatre's programming.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 4 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 7 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 8 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 9 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
Judy Terry, Ipswich Borough Councillor with responsibility for the council-owned venue said: “We shall miss Hazel as she has done a tremendous job at the Regent and helped us to turn it into one of the very best regional theatres in the country and a huge asset for Ipswich.
“I would also like to say a personal thank you and wish her all the best in her new job and her new life.”