Repair work for seafront gardens
Repair work is to be carried out to a section of path used by wheel chair users and residents with prams and pushchairs connecting Hamilton Gardens and Felixstowe Seafront Gardens.
FELIXSTOWE: Repair work is to be carried out to a section of path used by wheel chair users and residents with prams and pushchairs connecting Hamilton Gardens and Felixstowe Seafront Gardens.
The repair work to the Pram Walk will start, weather permitting, during the week of Monday, February 15, and should last about a week.
“The path has to be closed as a part of the wall along the Pram Walk has collapsed making it unsafe for residents and visitors to use. We anticipate the repair work and investigation of the rest of the pathways stability to take a week and hope to have it open again by the end of February,” said Andy Smith, cabinet member for planning.
“The Pram Walk is used regularly so we are keen to reopen it promptly but we want to make sure that it has been made safe and secure for residents to use before it is reopened,” added Mr Smith.
As part of the ongoing Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) application the Seafront Gardens hope to receive a multi-million pound facelift that could include a lift between the cliff tops and the Spa Pavilion which would improve access to the gardens for those with mobility difficulties or prams and pushchairs.
“In the meantime we will endeavour to get the repair work completed as soon as possible so that access to the gardens remains available.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 3 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 6 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 9 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 10 Did you stop for a pint in one of these Foxhall Road pubs?
“I would like to encourage residents and visitors to the gardens to keep away from the safety fencing while the work is carried out and I look forward to the improvements to the pathway so that residents and visitors can continue to use the Pram Walk,” added Mr Smith.
Alternative access to the gardens while the work is being carried out can be found via Bent Hill or from the promenade alongside Undercliff Road East.