Residents' shock over teen sex attack
Witnesses are being sought after a 16-year-old girl reported she had been sexually assaulted.Police are investigating the incident which took place in the early hours of New Year's Day at a property in Holland Road.
FELIXSTOWE: Witnesses are being sought after a 16-year-old girl reported she had been sexually assaulted.
Police are investigating the incident which took place in the early hours of New Year's Day at a property in Holland Road.
Neighbours have described their shock at the news.
One said: “It's horrible to hear that such a thing has happened round here.
You may also want to watch:
“This road isn't quiet though and the police have been out here a few times lately.
“We get a lot of passing traffic - it's not a quiet side street - but even so you don't expect this sort of thing to happen.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 5 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 9 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
Another resident said: “I was woken up by commotion and looked out of the window to see several police officers milling about.
“I had no idea what was going on but they've been down here before so we feared the worse.
“To hear that somebody has been sexually assaulted is pretty horrifying.
“It's not the sort of thing you want to hear about happening in your street.”
Police are keen to speak to a man who gave help to the victim in the Bent Hill area of the town, and enabled her to find a police officer to report the incident.
Anyone with information about the assault should contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.