Resort hit by power cuts
FELIXSTOWE was hit by more power cuts today - the latest in a series of blackouts at the resort.There were reports of widespread loss of power late morning, though in some places the electricity was off for only a short while.
FELIXSTOWE was hit by more power cuts today - the latest in a series of blackouts at the resort.
There were reports of widespread loss of power late morning, though in some places the electricity was off for only a short while.
It is understood Orwell High School was one of the places which suffered a power cut.
Concern has been growing in Felixstowe over the number of blackouts and whether the town's electricity supply is adequate, especially with plans to build thousands more homes.
The town council has written to EDF Energy to voice its concern.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 10 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk